How long do eyelash extensions last?
This all depends on your own personal habits and up-keep. It is important to follow the care instructions provided by your lash technician.
What are the care instructions?
We recommend to not get your recently applied lash extensions wet within 24 hours of your appointment. You can take shower and wash your face, but should avoid the eye area, as well as steam and sweat.
Can I wear mascara with my eyelash extensions?
We recommend that you do not, but it is okay if you must. We recommend purchasing eyelash extension mascara that is created specifically for use with lash extensions. However, you can use your regular brand as long as it is NOT waterproof mascara and be sure to use an oil free remover.
Can I wear makeup to my lash appointment?
Face makeup is okay, but please do not have any eye makeup on, including mascara. The reason for this is that your lashes need to be completely dry and in their natural state for the best possible results.
Does your lash glue contain latex?
Our eyelash extension glue is formaldehyde-free and surgical grade and does not contain any trace of latex.
What if I have sensitive eyes?
Please let your technician know before service and they can inform you on a special sensitive glue that is an option for sensitive eyes.
What are your lash extensions made of?
Our eyelash extensions are top quality. Our lashes are silk, 100% Siberian Mink or Synthetic Mink only.
Why is my appointment so long?
We pride ourselves on quality and in creating a peaceful environment for our clients so that the time spent is a little longer than an average beauty appointment. Your professional lash technician will place single lashes on each one of your natural eyelashes. This technique is very vigorous and we take the time to create the most natural look possible.
Can we talk to our technician during our services?
We kindly ask you to doze off and try to catch a few zzz’s during your time at Bougie Chic Lashes. Talking creates movement which can distract and/or make lash placement difficult for your eyelash technician. Plan for this to be a space to relax and unwind rather than socialize.
How do I know if I have 40-75% of my lashes left for a fill?
40% of your lashes usually means that you have not had them touched-up for up to 3-4 weeks from the full set. 75% usually means that you have not had a touch-up for up to two (2) weeks from your full set.
Will having eyelash extensions applied hurt?
The process is very painless. We use top of the line products and experienced technicians which results in a painless application experience.
Are your technicians experienced?
Each Bougie Chic Lashes technician is a licensed cosmetologist, esthetician or a certified lash technician.
What is an FOREIGN fill?
This is for clients that already have lashes applied by another company and want a quick touch up. We are not liable for the lashes or lash extensions that are already on your eyes.
Can I remove my lashes myself?
Your lashes will fall out on their own in time. We do not recommend pulling or try to take off lashes on your own. We offer eyelash removal and will be happy to remove them correctly, with specialized lash tools and products.
Does this damage my natural eyelashes?
The answer is NO! With our products and services your natural lashes become stronger and thicker in time. We use a coating sealant after services that controls natural growth.
Is there easy parking available?
Yes. There is free parking in parking lot of both locations.
Where are you located?
We have 2 fantastic locations. One in Atlanta, GA and we also have a Chicago, IL location in Hyde Park! Please check the schedule for availability in your preferred city.
What is your cancellation policy?
Please respond to your appointment text or email reminder to not be charged. We will be charging full service amount for "no call-no shows", and a $25 service charge for cancellations within 24 hours of scheduled appointment time.
Can I reschedule my lash appointment?
You may reschedule your appointment outside of 24 hours, but please be considerate of your lash technician's schedule and contact us as soon as possible.
Here are some tips to care for your new Bougie Chic eyelash extensions. With proper care and fills, your eyelashes can last indefinitely.
· Washing your lashes is GOOD!
· Getting oil on your lashes is BAD!
· Do not get your eyelashes wet for the first two (2) hours after application.
· Do not use a spa, sauna, pool or go swimming for the first 24 hours after application. The lash extensions need at least 24 hours to properly bond.
· Avoid pulling on your lashes or rubbing your eyes.
· Wash your lashes with an oil-free wash every time you wash your face.
· If you need a more aggressive eye makeup remover, use oil-free remover or pads.
· Do not use a manual eyelash curler with your extensions. If you must then we recommend basic heated curlers purchased through a local eyelash extensions wholesaler.
· We recommend that you do not use mascara. However, if you must, please use only mascaras that are lash extension safe. No oil-based or waterproof mascaras. Only apply it to the tips of your lashes, and wash it off with oil-free lash wash each evening.
· After showering, avoid rubbing your lashes. Blot your eyelashes with a towel and let them air dry, then brush with a mascara brush or eyelash comb.
· You can also dry your lashes by using a hairdryer on the cool setting and blowing them dry from the bottom up. This makes them curlier and fluffier!
· Proper hygiene is important. Please keep your eyelashes clean with regular washing.
· Use care when applying facial and eye creams and eye shadows to avoid the lash line. Too many oil based products can break down the adhesive.
· Bougie Chic Lashes recommends touch-up appointments every two to four weeks to maintain your new lashes.
How to Wash Your Lashes
Wash your lashes twice daily with upward strokes, letting the foamy soap clean between each lash and get rid of any buildup. Rinse well with warm water. When drying your eyes, make sure you are not too rough with the lashes. Do not use any material that will get caught in them, such as cotton pads or buds. Use a towel that has no loose threads and gently pat your eyes dry, ensuring nothing gets caught on the lashes.
If you find that you still need to use mascara, ensure that it is a water-based mascara and that you are removing all traces of makeup each time it is worn. This also aids in preventing infection and extends the life of your lash extension.